Why do I want to take this course?
Students will identify the various factors that comprise the word "stress" including environmental conditions, appraisal of environmental situations, the interplay in the relationship between the individual and the environmental demands, and in identifying various coping strategies. Students will be introduced to the understanding and application of stress reduction techniques including basic information regarding, biofeedback, progressive relaxation, autogenic training, imagery. and meditation.
1. recognize the impact of stress on modern life,
2. understand the body's biochemical reactions to stressors,
3. identify common stress indicators and stress related diseases,
4. measure and monitor their own stress levels,
5. review various strategies to help cope with stressors more effectively.
Copyright © 1998 [Robert Brehm]. All rights reserved